Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Monday 22 May 2017

May Be Yes

May! May! Beautiful May! Your warm mornings bring us outside with a cup of coffee. The swallows flit about. One little fellow sits on the power line near us and sings to us. At least that's what we tell ourselves. If we had a universal interpreter, we would learn that in bird speak, he is actually telling us this is his territory and we should move along.

This May long weekend was the first truly fine weather of the month. Besides the morning coffee, we had a steak barbeque yesterday. And this morning, Robin and I planted the vegetable garden.

And now with my back, protesting that it is time to sit a spell, I am here to show and tell about my scrapping.

The kit this month, with Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is Gossamer Blues March Main Kit.

While I have been trying to get my scrapping world under control and have not made a kit for longer than I care to remember. This month, the blues and yellows called out as I pulled a few things together. The next thing you know, it's a full blown kit. Will I get to scrap much with it this month? Maybe yes, maybe no.

As May is so full of potential and possibilities, I am saying "May Be Yes"
The papers in the kit jump-started my mojo.
Gossamer Blue March papers

First some cardstock. The camera mis read the colours. The two on the left are actually blues.
Then a specialty paper. Made from a banana leaf and a patterend paper from Creative Memories.
Toss in a cut apart sheet. Notes & Things from Crate Paper
Then Alphas And post-it type notes in cute critters and speech balloons.
A few off cuts of paper for patterns and very old paper ribbon from Creative Memories. Very, very old.
Die cut, camera Epoxy doodle square. White brads. Dew drops.
Mostly used, sticker sheet from Creative Memories, and white foam Thickers. The script title "Magic" I have no idea how to use. And the epoxy dots from Simple Stories, So Fancy.
May Be Yes
How about some close ups?






To get going, I chose a picture, saturated with the colours of the kit. It is of Rebecca sitting outside the music room at her school, with her father. The stained glass wall behind them is jaw dropping and crowd stopping. In an effort to mimic the wonky design of it, I tried to let my layout run askew. Drawing on challenge #2 for the month, Mix It Up, I incorporated an overlay and a word tab along with the alphas in the title.

One lucky shot, here with you. Mom says, "Trying to get a decent photo of these two actually looking at the camera at the same time is virtually impossible. Like father, like daughter definitely rings true in that regards."
\
Happy to have completed the minimum requirement I have set for myself of one layout per month. If more happen in the next 9 days, I will be back again to share with you.

Thanks for stopping by. Double thanks for comments.

1 comment:

  1. Very fun page from your kit. I would not have know any of that was old stuff if you had not mentioned it. I think your kit looks pretty trendy.

    ReplyDelete