Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Monday 9 October 2017

Oughtober

Hello dear reader.

My last post was in May, as was my last layout.

And then summer was here.

But now it is not.

My fair weather hiatus is over.

So here I am.

I did keep up with reading the  Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Sometimes I even commented on it or one of the Design Team's posts.

I didn't follow through with my goal of creating a minimum of one layout per month. Missed June through September

So here is an attempt to regroup and refocus on what I "ought" to be doing.

First let me show you the inspiration for this month.

It is Prima Marketing's St. Tropez collection.



While surf and sea themes don't work well with my lifestyle, the sun faded and weatherworn textures and colours in the kit are close to home.

 Needing a fresh start of inspiration and to get organized for two retreats coming up, the first thing I did was take my oldest kit off the shelf. It was One Good Turn from Feb 2015 Pulled out the papers and embellies that would work with St. Tropez. The rest was refiled into the stash.

Then with visual referencing of the St. Tropez line and the last of One Good Turn I raided the cardstock.
Soft coral, aqua, and lemon. White, cream and navy.

Added papers that reflected St. Tropez.
Bo Bunnmy, Eire Wine Box. Pink Paislee, Daily Junque, map;.Theresa Collins, Memorabilia, snippits. A cloud in place of the tide and shore. Webster's pages, Your Life. Beautiful, a romantic vellum. WRMK Wildflower, Sketchbook for the floral. There is a blue and yellow stripe that I still want to add in, but it missed the photo.

 Chipboard Alphas


Stamps and Inks
Words

Frames and Overlays

Flowers
Die Cuts and title/journal cards
Gems, dew drops, photo corners, ribbon and twine

Washie Tape!

And that's not all! To ensure enough stuff and inspiration for two get-aways, I added some manufacturer's kits/collections:
Simple Stories Vintage bliss, with all its weathered wood and soft colour pallet.
Echo Park, For the Record 2, die cuts and alphas.
MME, Find your wings and fly, papers and die cuts. Works well with Vintage Bliss
CTMH Skylark Workshop on the go. This is where one of my stamps sets shown above, is from and if I hit a wall, I can always follow their "recipe sheets" to keep production going.

Also included a few page kits that I made some time back. These are great to turn to when I need to look at some different colours.

Now, I ought to get some recent photos organized and printed. A fresh start needs fresh stories.

And so we have Oughtober!

Thanks for stopping by. Double thanks for comments.

4 comments:

  1. Sherry this a comprehensive kit with lots of goodies. I'm sure you will find use for it at your retreat. Love your ribbons and twines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oughtober - aren't you clever! Well, if you use even a fraction of that gigantic kit, your scrappy hiatus will be but a faint memory. Enjoy and be sure to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever name for the kit! Glad you are back to scrapping-loving to see the travel inspiration mixed in with gorgeous florals and so glad that you pulled vintage 2015 stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow missed this, but mostly missing YOU, my friend 😘

    ReplyDelete