Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Sunday 8 July 2012

A happy, scrappy weekend.

Summer weather chased me out of the garden this weekend and downstairs to the cool of the studio. I really took off with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and pumped out eleven pages. And there is another one simmering on the desk, right now. I hope to finish up the bits and bobs left from the original kit that I compiled on Thursday.

 This was the starting kit:



This is what remains to be used:






The Citrus Twist site offered a selection of pages, made with their Summer Boardwalk kit, which was what my counterfeit kit was based on, and I mined them for inspiration and ideas. The photos in the left column are from the CT site and my versions are in the right column.

  







































































































Ok, I agree, that last one bares little resemblance to the inspiration page but that is where I started. Then I had to find my own muse, and assembled these gems.


Now I would like to apologize for my lack of "know how " in formatting this blog. I would have liked two neat columns; alas, the photos don't always want to move to where I want them to sit. And I have learnt that what I see in the preview, isn't exactly as it shows up, once I publish. So I want to thank you for hanging with me while I learn the tricks of blogging, one baby step at a time.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend too.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, so much to see here. You've done such wonderful work - I am so very impressed. You may have started with their inspiration but you made each design your own. Well done, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on the roll, lady! Well done with so many layouts from your kit. I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my idol! 11 layouts from one kit, already!!!! You rock! And these are gorgeous layouts, I love them. I love that you lifted from the CT team. How fun!!!!! So glad you joined the Counterfeit Kit Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the layouts for inspiration. However, they really did become your own as you changed them quite a bit. I love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got a lot done! Impressed-great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unbelievable! I'm a bit behind on my kit, what with being sick and kids only just back to school, but hope to have a few pages up soon!

      Delete
  6. Wow Sherrie, you did great!!! Fab layouts, incredible output, wonderful way to use your kit and the team inspiration but make it your own.

    ReplyDelete