Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Sunday 15 July 2012

Bastille Day at Wellington Garden Centre

Wine tasting at a beautiful garden center. What a perfect thing to do on a perfect evening in July.





Wouldn't it be wonderful to work in such a place?



Everywhere you look is another beautiful vignette.
















Strolling the grounds, I don't believe it is possible to take a bad picture.
 A little wine turns the evening into a special affair.




















 Robin can't resit a chance to fool around. ("The devil made me do it!" he would say)

















So many blossoms. Here are only a few.






Ever the practical ones, we went home with a new hoe. Next time though, I think I bring home this:


I will sew cushions for it and put it in a shady spot. And then when you come over, we will relax on it and enjoy our iced tea.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for visiting me earlier! This garden centre is great, how do you manage to take such lovely pictures? Mine always seem slightly blurred! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada, thanks for commenting. I tend to use three of the auto settings on my camera, macro (flowers) portrait (arms length to across the room) and infinte (scenery) and I am switching between them all the time. I did however have a disaster at a highschool graduation, earlier this month. I thought I was set to "no flash" but it was on "creative auto" All I had was lots of yellow, blurry shots. Drats.

      Delete
  2. Lovely snapshots - I enjoyed these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I've popped over from Linda's Odd and Old blog. I must say, this looks like a totally lovely day out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Wellington's amazing? I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad it is closed and auctioned off!

    ReplyDelete