Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Thursday 16 February 2017

February and CKC

Hello dear friend.

Back again. Twice in one day!

During the January Members Hop, I shared some thoughts that were not too clear. Maybe I can flesh it out here.
The goal of one page per month, using the CKC kit as the inspiration was off the cuff. I think what I really meant to say is that I will make, at the least, one layout. Instead of building a kit, I will find something from the inspiration kit to jump off from. This way, I won't be adding to the kits on the shelf. Hopefully I won't feel left out, when the new kit with all it's yummy bits is enticing me to dive in. I do so love building kits. But I also want to use up the ones already waiting for me. Also, I hope that by doing a little bit within the pallet of the month, my cravings will be satisfied and I can keep from buying new stash in lieu of scrapping.

The kit to copy, at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for February 2017 is "Little Things in Life" from Scrapdelight which is located in Holland. It is full of small patterns and little embellishments. The colours are soft purple, soft green, grey, dark blue and a hit of yellow.


At first it was a "no go" for me. Reminds me of a baby boy's nursery. Also, I have a real problem trying to work with purple layouts. Although, I do like purple in my wardrobe.

Anyways, using my one layout personal goal that started  last month, I went through my purple paper pile. It is by far, the smallest section in my rainbow of paper.  After comparing a few, I settled on this one.
The blue is actually lilac, like the purple in the kit. Guess my camera just saw it differently.
It is Splendid, Sweet Branch Collection by Crate Paper and I have two sheets of it. I like that it hits most of the colours in the kit.

The next step was to choose photos that worked with the paper. And then it all fell into place. Twice!
So I have two layouts and no kit to put on the shelf. Well done, if I may say so, myself.

Precious People
Uses one of my counterfeit PL cards with thumbnail prints. "All my darlings, you make me happy"
Letter save on the foam thickers is 3 Qs turned upside down and trimmed into Ps.
Interesting to me is the use of photos from three unrelated events. I don't usually mix it up this way. Mental note to try this more often.
Also you can see here that the paper is really purple, not blue like above.

A little bit of Heaven.
Letter save on the second i and a 3 for an E.
Flowers are fussy cut from another page to make counterfeit die cuts.
Wellington Garden Center, has since gone out of business, but oh what a wonderful place it was. You could point your camera anywhere and you got a beautiful picture. There will probably be more layout paying tribute to the place, and a few stories I would like to get told. I certainly have enough photos of the place to work with.


Leftover is a 4x12 strip of Splendid. The month is yet young. It may find it's way onto a layout. Or, it will go back to the stash. Either way, my goal for February scrapping has been completed.

Thanks for stopping by. Double thanks for comments.



3 comments:

  1. A brilliant solution! and lovely pages <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how happy to see you started a new kit right away. These are great pages, and that garden center does look delightful.

    ReplyDelete