Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Monday 23 March 2015

CKC 0315 Members Hop

 If you are here before 12:00 A.M. Mountain time, on March 24, please note that this blog has published too early. I blame it on blogger's brain malfunction.

****************

G'day mate. Are you enjoying the hop? You should have arrived here from
Virginia at: http://celtichouse.blogspot.co.uk 
If you just happened along, you might want to start at the beginning:
http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.ca/

Counterfeit Kit Challenge is more than just a kit building club. Each month, CKC also posts challenges and tutorials. The later are to prompt us to further our counterfeiting by creating embellishments and papers in the vein of the originals. Lots of clever ideas are shared. The challenges are to jump start our creativity or to give a gentle push into creative realms previously unexplored.

This month the prompts were:

#1 Borders

#2 St. Patty's Day

#3 Be inspired by what's on you desk.

I fell in love with the layouts of the design team members in challenge #1. Especially Susan's. This was her submission.

I love the airy feel of her layout and the fresh colours in the sequins. Most of all, I like the idea of getting to use lots of die cuts on a layout, without it looking like the cat sneezed on my desk.

You may not know this about me, but I struggle to leave white space on a layout. ("Oh look! A space for more embellies!!" ) so my version is  a  bit a lot heavier.
























My brother's family Christmas card usually is scrapped into a Christmas album. But this time, it will be going into my Family album.

A little background. Ed traveled extensively in his single years. But he met his wife in his own back yard.  She had traveled from the Philippians. How ironic. Long story short. They are living the "happily ever after."


Did you enjoy your journey, traveling though the hop? We started in Germany. Skipped back and forth, over the big pond. Right now you are an afternoon's drive away from the Canadian Rockies. Now head back over the pond to finish in England with Jemma at http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks for stopping by. Double thanks for comments.

Lisa           http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Clair          http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.com
Tina           http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous love all the tiny elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great scraplift - and what a lovely backstory to the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a fun arrangement of travel bits and pieces cascading down your page for a terrific border craze! Love the strip of gems and buttons especially! Enjoyed reading about your brother's life too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phillipians? I love your take on this layout, very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lift-and you have both inspired me! I may have to lift you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page, you and Susan make me want to have another go at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout! You have the opposite issue to me - I struggle to fill the space. I add embellishments and then think 'no, less is more'. Thanks for the inspiration to try adding extras for a 'more is more' look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you achieved a perfect balance on this one! Susan definitely has a scrapliftable style & vibe. I loved doing this challenge this month for the same reasons you have stated. And I spy another Breesy Badge :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute border :) Both borders are just fun to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job.. I like the heavier embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for lifting me! I really like your version - the border section looks very rich and I also like the way you varied the sizes of the embellishments on the left. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe, heavier maybe but still an awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you took Susan's layout and make it all yours! perfect! What a beautiful family photo and it looks like destiny to me! Great way of making the border so much fun with all those elements. I too used to be considered the Queen of No White Space and every now and again, I have to go back to that and fill my page - yours makes me think that too now! :-) love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bright and fun layout.

    ReplyDelete